Saturday, June 21, 2008

so one time....

when i was younger (around grade 4.... what is that 10?) i lived by a lake in southern Ontario: Lake Aquitaine. There were a lot of trees, and wildlife in the neighbourhood.

so one day i decided to climb one of the trees behind my apartment building. everything was going well, until i started climbing down.... oh man

this particular tree was V-shaped. so when i climbed down my knee got stuck in the middle, and tightly too. it would not come out! i did whatever came to my mind to get out, but nothing worked.... so i started crying.

what was going through my mind? basically i thought they might chop off my leg because it was stuck. or maybe they would jus leave me there forever. i was scared!

so my brother goes and gets my dad, and older brother, and other people start gathering around to know whats going on. i think i was stuck for a couple of hours, but it might've been less; i was really scared, so i might be exaggerating on the time.

one of the people that walked by and stopped to see what was going on happened to be a firefighter, and he happened to have a shovel in the trunk of his car. go figure! so he got it, wedged it above my knee into the tree, and jumped on it to get some more space, and it worked, otherwise i wouldn't be typing this

so thats my story.

i never met that firefighter again. all i remember was that he was bald and white.

thank you

0 comments: